Saturday, August 25, 2012

Assignment 2-1


Assignment 2-1

There are many contemporary icons in today’s society. The icons I chose were Aaron Rodgers, The Simpsons and Intel. These three icons can be classified into different categories of contemporary icons, like sports, television and technology.

Aaron Rodgers can be recognized as an icon for football. He is a great quarterback and led the Green Bay Packers to Super bowl XLV and won, earning MVP in it. The reason I chose him is because I am a Green Bay Packer fan. He has stepped up to the plate filling in shoes of Brett Favre. I have him on my fantasy football team since he is such a good player and is able to give me tons of points each game. 

The Simpsons can be recognized as an icon for animated television show. It is now on its 23rd season and can show how a popular television show can be on the air for as long as it has. The reason why I chose it is because it is one of my favorite television shows and in its comedy, it does not discriminate against a specific culture, race or politician.

Intel can be recognized as an icon for computer hardware. Intel sells a wide variety of computer hardware like central processing units, motherboards and solid state drives. The reason why I chose Intel is because I believe there product works great and is durable. Working in the I. T. field I have had a good experience with their different types of hardware.


          Aaron Rodgers                            The Simpsons






References


(n.d.). Intel. [Web Photo]. Retrieved from http://siliconangle.com/files/2011/05/intel-logo.jpg

(n.d.). Simpsons-couch-1. [Web Photo]. Retrieved from http://www.simpsonschannel.com/screenshots/Simpsons_couch-1-.jpg


1 comment:

  1. Go Pack!! Lol. I am a transplant to Wisconsin from Minnesota. Still hard for me to like the Packers. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete